First Choice Childcare and Learning Center
JOB DESCRICRIPTION: Pre-K/Preschool Lead Teacher
To provide a warm, nurturing, safe and loving environment where self-concepts are enhanced, independence encouraged, and individuality respected.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Offer a developmentally appropriate program that meets the emotional, physical, intellectual, and social needs of both the individual and the group.
· Prepare and post a weekly lesson plan, based on a theme, with specific goals for each unit.
· Prepare an environment that is clean, orderly, visually appealing, and permits the child to grow and to explore.
· All holidays observed by First Choice Childcare and Learning center is to be observed and celebrated in the classroom in the form of art projects, incorporated in lesson plans, parties, and fun activities.
· Establish and maintain communication with parents on a daily bases. This will be accomplished through informal conversation and daily reports. Conduct parent conferences as needed, but at least once per year.
· Conduct annual evaluations on all children in your class each April, consisting of a developmental checklist, anecdotal records, and samples of work. Conduct a conference with each child’s parents upon completion of the evaluation. Samples of work should be collected at various points during the year and presented to the parents during the conference.
· Use consistent, positive discipline, including redirection, behavior modifications systems, talk-it-over, and time-out when necessary. Keep a log of incidents of significant behavior on each child.
· Create a parent information board to include the daily schedule, weekly lesson plans, newsletter, and other information appropriate to your parents. Update this board as necessary.
· Plan and implement daily activities for each child based on their current developmental level.
· Interact with the children and encourage their involvement in group activities.
· Post and follow a set daily schedule.
· Maintain order in the classroom.
· Have lesson plans and necessary materials ready for substitutes when you know you will be absent during regularly scheduled working hours.
· Assist in the evacuation of the building during emergencies and respond to emergencies as they might arise.
· Comply with applicable universal precautions and infection control guidelines and procedures, including, but not limited to, the following:
o Wash hands after diaper changes, wiping a child’s nose, or assisting a child in the bathroom (if applicable).
o Sanitize the changing table with a solution of soapy water and bleach water after each change (if applicable).
o Prepare a new bleach/water & soapy/water solution each morning upon arrival (if applicable).
· Sanitize mats at least weekly, but also when soiled during use.
· Sanitize all toys weekly. Remove any toy a child puts in their mouth from the play area until it is sanitized.
· Insure that children’s hands are washed before meal times, as well s after blowing their nose and pottying.
· Vacuum carpet and empty trash each day before leaving.
· Be a committed Christian with a personal and vital relationship Jesus Christ.
· Be 21 years of age
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Degree in Early Childhood Education or a minimum of 1 year of documentable experience working with children in a classroom setting.
· Knowledge of the needs and development of children.
· Demonstrate self-motivation, self-direction, and ability to follow directions, ability to make good judgments, flexibility, dependability, and reliability.
· Serve meals prepared by the cook.
· Physical requirements: must be able to lift 40 pounds frequently throughout the day. Must have the use of arms, hands, legs, and feet, aided or unaided, as necessary to accomplish the job.
Requirements Upon Employment:
· Must provide a current TB test (within 2 years) upon the first day of employment.
· Must provide documentation of U.S. Citizenship or eligibility to work in the U.S.
· Must complete the 6 hours of Orientation training required of all childcare employees by the State of Kentucky, or provide verification of this training.
· Must complete 18 hours of Child Care training per year, as required of all childcare employees by the State of Kentucky. If hold a CDA or Degree 15 hours is required.
· Must obtain certification in Pediatric First Aid and CPR within 90 days of employment and Pediatric Head Abuse Trauma.
If employ does not hold CDA or Degree in Early Childhood Education, employee must be enrolled in a CDA class by first annual evaluation.
You must sign in to apply for this position.