First Choice Childcare and Learning Center
non for profit Christian Center
JOB DESCRICRIPTION: Floater
Purpose: To provide a warm, nurturing, loving, and safe environment where self-concepts are enhanced, independence encouraged, and individuality respected.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
· Offer a developmentally appropriate program that meets the emotional, physical, intellectual, and social need of both the individual and the group
· Prepare an environment that is clean, orderly, visually appealing and permits the child to grow and to explore
· Establish and maintain communication with parents on a daily basis which will be accomplished by informal conversation
· Use consistent, positive discipline, including re-direction
· Interact with the children and encourage their involvement in group activities
· Maintain an orderly classroom
· Closing procedure for classroom: Ensure all toys and supplies are cleaned and placed back in proper place prior to close of day, on Fridays make sure that you follow the closing guidelines for that room to ensure readiness for Sunday morning.
· Assist in evacuation of the building during emergencies and drills
· Comply with all universal precautions and infection control guidelines and procedures including, but not limited to the following:
o Wash hands after wiping a child’s nose, or assisting child with restroom
o Sanitize the toys used while in classroom
o Insuring children’s hands are washed before meals as well as after blowing their nose and using the restroom
o Vacuum carpet and empty trash each day before leaving
· Ensuring accident and incident reports are written when needed, signed by parents and administration, and copies made for the office
· Plan and implement activities in the absence of the lead teacher
· Ensure that teachers are getting 15 minute and 30 minute lunch breaks
· ALWAYS ensure that ratios are being met
· Ensure that all STARS requirements as well as state licensing requirements are being maintained at all times.
· Be a committed Christian with a personal and vital relationship with Jesus Christ
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Basic knowledge of food preparation and nutrition
· Clean and Neat appearance
· Ability to relate and communicate effectively with adults
· General fondness for children and ability to relate to them
· Physical requirements: must be able to lift 40 lbs., hear the spoken voice aided or unaided, read the printed word aided or unaided, and must have the use of arms, hands, legs, and feet as necessary to accomplish the job
Requirements upon employment:
· Must provide a current TB skin test (within 2 years) upon the first day of employment
· Must provide documentation of U.S. Citizenship or eligibility to work in the U.S.
· Must attain certification in pediatric CPR & First Aid and pediatric head abuse trauma within 90 days of employment
· If employee does not hold his/her CDA or an Early Childhood Education Degree he/she has until his/her first evaluation to be enrolled in the CDA program.
You must sign in to apply for this position.